Henry always says he can’t cook, but despite his protestations he has proven on many an occasion that actually he is quite the chef. This recipe is one of his finest. While I can’t take credit, it does make a delicious lunch for 1 or could serve 3/4 people as a canapé.
All you have to do is combine with a fork the following ingredients:
- 100g/2 dessertspoons of Philadelphia
- the juice of half a lemon
- 1 smoked mackerel fillet broken up
- a good splash of Worcester sauce
- a few drops of Tabasco
- generous grind of pepper and sprinkle of salt
Pile this magical mush onto Crackerbreads, Ryvita or oatcakes and enjoy. I have topped mine with sliced cooked beetroot and horseradish.With the philly light only coming in at 46kcal per 100g this goes down as a pretty healthy and diet friendly recipe, which is lucky because I have just wolfed the lot and licked the bowl.